Last new year was a lean new year. I was in my room alone and happily (well may be not so..)ensconced in my bed. Thats when a phone woke me up to consciousness. It was from a distant friend. He's distant not because he is distant but because he was not in India. All the while in my first semester there were a few people who kept me alive. He's one of them.
He wished me happy new year in advance in spite of the time difference and asked my plans, when I explained my situation he said that we could celebrate it together. And hola I did! I had skipped dinner so I made myself cup noodles..yum ;) and we decided to drink. I had a peg of fine whiskey which he only had gifted me some months earlier. So, that's what we did. After midnight our reverie was disturbed by other phone calls.
This year I remember him cos I am dreading the arrival of that day. As it approaches my heart fills with trepidation that I have no plans this year...nothing to look forward to the day or the year ahead. Destiny has something in store for me about which I am clueless, and the heart and mind are yelling for escape.
This is year there is no him as differences crept in between us and what do you know what the new year holds for me.
Cake
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment