Some days are bad hair days, while some others are just painfully hard to bear. Yesterday was one of the latter. I was wiling away my time watching the marathon session of the tv series Sex and the City. This, after attending 7 hours of a class and having finished a presentation. Presentations can have their specialties- ours was that the presenter from our group was not aware of the article details. Now, its true that in 2 years of an mba one would have learned the art of precisely this. But to transform the sentence of "HR is moving away from an administrative and transactional role" to "HR is moving away from an administrative to a transactional role" is really thinking out of the box, maybe in fact thinking outside of the article beyond the purview of simple logic. But, I think the less said of it the better.
So, I am back from the class watching this series and I get a phone call. This is somewhat of a disturbance but its okay cos it is from a guy who usually has to say something funny..but his story today totally lacks the punch. Any way in my part of the conversation I tell him I am sad and bored. In the holiday season and on the day of Christmas I have had classes all day and I don't have anybody to go out with. This is sometimes a good thing but alas, also a bad thing. Lack of 'company' is desirable when the availability pool of 'company' is also synonymous with a pool of people who are annoying /boring. So, its been quite some time that I have gone out to a decent restaurant and had a really pleasant and enjoyable meal. Also, it seems awfully unfair that people around me have so much to do even though I find them not so hot either!
After this brief and not so enjoyable phone conversation I went to have dinner and a walk post that. Later in my room I come back to see a missed call from the same guy. On the next chance that I got to speak to him he told me some really horrible things. In a little bit of a background I am studying in an MBA college, final semester and I don't have a job. This is year 2008, the month of December, and also the year of recession. So, this guy, from here on referred to as mole, said I should try to do my best for the company which comes to campus next cos one of his friend has told him about the dire and grim situation. Its not like I am not aware of it, we all are in the throes of these torrential times but this is bad news: one which cannot be drunk even with a dry martini.
This news has totally upset me and I am very near to tears, although i am still watching snc. A friend pings me a link to a tarot reading site. After shuffling twice and dreading if something more upsetting comes up-I pick a card. It is an ace of cups, which means that "I will get what I am expecting". Just like that I think to myself that Yes, it will all be fine. I still cry myself to sleep but there is still a glimmer of hope and a belief that things will look up. Plus if there's anything that I really have is the fact that I Believe.
Cake
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment